If you forget the password of your account, it means that you have lost an important key of your lock. There are many reasons that behind forgetting your HP laptop password. One of the major reasons is that you have a password that is difficult to be remembered. It may either contains multiple characters or too long to remember. Secondly, there may be a chance that you have many different accounts with different passwords. Hence there is a chance that you forget the passwords for you PC’s user account. Last but not the least, novice users who have just started to use laptops may not understand the importance of remembering system password.
HP is one of the leading laptops manufacturers today. Many people who use an HP laptop are convinced that these laptops consider the security of the system very seriously. The company has implemented some advanced security measures that make it difficult for an unauthorised user to access your account.
Some of the latest models come with automatic screen locks and finger print locks. Moreover, HP systems come with built in security drivers that protect your system from any unauthorised access. However, we can’t deny the fact that we have different passwords for difficult accounts. We tend to change these passwords every now and then. That is why there is a possibility the new password of our Hp laptop.
This is an extremely annoying situation for HP users who have lost access to their account for ever. They can no longer access their pictures, music, videos, documents and other important information. However, if you contact HP service center they would prefer to re-install Windows on your system. In other words, you will end up loosing everything. This solution is not a feasible one for those who want their files back.
Today we are going to discuss that how you can how to reset password on hp laptop. We have listed some easy solutions that will definitely help you.
We can not deny the fact that forgetting the password of your system sometimes becomes hectic and frustrating for many. Moreover, losing access to all the data can do more loss than what you may have imagined. Today we are more dependent on our systems as compared to the past. It helps you in every aspect of your life ranging form booking your tickets to paying your bills.
Our businesses are highly dependent on computer systems and the worst-case scenario is to forget the password of your work HP laptop. Most of the times we don’t have the system recovery disk. Therefore, you may have to look for ways on how to reset password on hp laptop windows 7 without disk.
HP Recovery Manager is a very useful tool that is used to resolve many different issues. However, many people don’t have any idea that it can be used to Reset HP laptop password without disk. However, there is an annoying issue with this tool. Many people don’t like the way HP Recovery Manager uses to reset your password.
It basically wipes off the entire primary disk on your HP system while resetting your password. It means that the tool will completely remove your files, media, and documents. However, if you wont want to loose your important files, it is recommended that you should create a backup of your data before using HP Recovery Manager.
If you don’t want to create a back up of your system, alternatively you can head towards the second method.
Here is how you can use with HP Recovery Manager to reset password on HP laptop.
1. Reboot your system and keep pressing F11 key until the “Recovery Manager” window appears on the screen.
2. You will see various options on this window. Choose the “System Recovery” option that is available under the “I need help immediately” section.
3. Choose the backup option if you have not created a backup of your files on your system. Alternatively, click “Recover without backing up your files” and click the Next button.
4. Now complete the recovery process by following the instructions available on your screen. These instructions may vary based on your existing version of Windows. You can find out more details by visiting the official HP site.
Now you have to wait until your system completes the recovery process. Your HP laptop password has been reset once the system recovery is complete. Finally, you can setup your system by installing all the applications as per your requirements.
iSunshare Windows Password Genius is another popular Windows password recovery tool that helps its users to get to know how do i reset my password on my hp laptop. You can use this tool to create a password reset disk on a separate system. This disk will eventually be used to reset HP laptop password. The best thing about using iSunshare Windows Password Genius is that you can create the disk on various platforms including Mac, Android phone, or Windows. It clearly means that you don’t have to look for a Windows system to create the disk.
People prefer iSunshare Windows Password Genius features a user-friendly interface that is easy to use for all types of users. Even a beginner level user can find out how to use the software.
You can follow these steps to use iSunshare Windows Password Genius inorder to reset HP Laptop Password without Disk.
1. The first step is to prepare your system to start the password recovery process. Download iSunshare Windows Password Genius from the internet. Now run the downloaded file to install it on your system.
2. Now navigate to the start menu and use the search bar to find iSunshare Windows Password Genius.
3. Once you open the software, you will see two options that you can use to create the password reset disk. Click your preferred option depending upon either you want to use CD/DVD or the USB device.
4. Let’s say we select the USB device option reset HP Laptop Password without Disk. Now plug the USB device to your system and use the drop-down menu to choose your device from the list.
5. The recovery process will start once you click the Begin burning button.
6. Once the system has completed the burning process you will see a notification on your screen. You can now eject the USB disk.
7. Plug the USB device on the HP system where you want to reset the Windows password.
8. At this step use the USB device to boot the system. You will now see the iSunshare Windows Password Genius UI on your screen.
9. Follow the steps available on the screen to reset Windows password. Choose your Windows login account from the list and hit the Reset Password button.
10. You will see the “Do you want to set this user password to blank?” message during the recovery process. Wait until the message appears and click Yes.
11. The password of your Windows user account has been reset now. You can now reboot your system and login to your system without any password.
In this method we are going to reset your password via Windows 10 installation image disk on HP laptop.
This technique works perfectly well for all the HP laptops that are running Windows 7, 8 or 10. So, it is recommended that you should follow all the steps mentioned before to reset HP Laptop Password without disk. You can use this method to recover the password of your HP laptops or desktops.
Steps to Reset HP Laptop Password without Disk with an installation disk:
1. First create a USB installation disk by downloading USB/DVD Download Tool on your system.
2. Run the downloaded file to install the software and launch it. Follow the steps available on the screen to create the USB installation disk.
3. Now restart your system and continuously press F11 key until you get the booting options. Now use the newly created disk to boot your system.
4. You will see various options on your screen. Select Repair your computer >> Troubleshoot >> Advanced Options >> Advanced Options >> Command Prompt.
5. Run the following commands on your system once the command prompt is opened on the screen.
cd windows/system 32
ren utilman.exe utilman.exe.bak
ren cmd.exe utilman.exe
Note: Unplug the USB dive when you see the login screen.
6. Now run the command prompt by clicking the clock icon on the login screen. This icon is available to the left of the power button.
7. At this step you need to run the net user command to reset the password of your Windows system. Run this command to reset the password of your Admin account to Admin123.
net user administrator Admin123
Note: If the Administrator account of your system is inactive for the time being, you need to run the following command to activate it.
Net User Administrator /active:yes
8. Finally, close the Command prompt Window and use the new password to login to your Windows system.
9. Once you have logged in to your HP system, you can restore the cmd.exe and utilman.exe files with these commands.
ren utilman.exe cmd.exe
ren utilman.exe.bak utilman.exe
10. Login with the new password again after you close the Command Prompt.
All the methods mentioned in this article are easy for all types of users who want to know how to reset password on hp laptop windows 8 without wiping off all the data from their system. However, it is important that you should use a password manager that can help you to retrieve your forgotten passwords. You should also create a back up of your system as an alternate solution.
Those who have tried these methods to recover the Reset HP Laptop Password should provide their feedback. Comment down below if you have tried any other method to recover your forgotten password. It may help others as well.